What is cosmetic dentistry?
Some examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Bleaching, which is whitening the teeth to create a brighter smile
- Tooth reshaping, which involves removing some of the outer layer enamel to change the size or shape of the tooth
- Veneers, also called porcelain laminates, are placed by the cosmetic dentist to close gaps or cover discolored teeth
- Bite reclamation, which reshapes the teeth to correct damage sustained from grinding (bruxism) or acid reflux
In the past, these procedures were performed with gold and other metals. The materials used in today’s cosmetic dentistry procedures not only make teeth look more natural, but are also stronger and more effective because of developments in adhesive bonding. Porcelain has become the standard material in veneers and crowns, while resin and other bonding agents secure the dental work without compromising the health of the underlying teeth.
How long does cosmetic dentistry take?
The length of a cosmetic dental visit can vary depending on the type of treatment and severity of the case. For example, teeth whitening can be done in one short visit, but veneers may require more than one appointment. Once your dentist has completed an exam, we will be able to discuss more specific timing for any treatments.
Good oral hygiene and healthy habits can prevent much of the wear and tear on teeth. But if you want to change your appearance and raise your self-confidence, our cosmetic dentistry services are here to help. We work with you to find the right procedures to restore your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry at Hanover Family Dentistry
The dental industry has had some remarkable advances in recent years. In times past, dentists in were very limited in what they could use to actually provide a lasting and consistent restoration in a patient’s mouth. This has greatly changed as cements and materials have drastically improved. The greatest of these advances have been in tooth-colored restorations that can give you that Hollywood smile!
We at Hanover Family Dentistry enjoy learning about the new advances in dentistry and how we can provide our patients with more beautiful smiles. Whether it is by teeth-colored fillings, all porcelain crowns, or veneers, we are able to transform your smile and self-confidence with strong and reliable materials.
Some of the conditions that cosmetic dentistry can treat:
- Fill in gaps between teeth
- Change the size, shape, and contour of existing teeth
- Remove stains or lighten color of teeth
- Repair chipped or broken teeth
- Replace missing teeth
- Correct or adjust bite
See the following on how they can help you achieve a beautiful smile: